Sunday 16 March 2014

15/03/2014 in Pakistan

15th of March, Today the brother of Dilawar will get married.
The day has started with breakfast at the brides house and from there the family of Dilawar came back.
The celebration was big and crowded. There where baggers, dancing horses, dancing people and drums.
It was little too overcrowded for me. It was sweet to see that the mother and sister of Dilawar took care of me even if there where so many people. When we arrived by car at the wedding hall we have been greeted by girls throwing rose pedals at us. The sister of Dilawar took me to see the bride on her nikah (islamic marriage contract). The bride was shaking a lot and could barley speak the words.

After the nikah we went to the hall. to sit on our (me, the sister of  Dilawar and the mother) seats, these where located at the front of the hall . We have been given food to eat like keema (minced meat), chicken curry, rice, naan, salad and khir (rice pudding). After eating and drinking the groom arrived and has sat next to us. Then the bride came and sat next to me. There where camera's all over me and the new couple. There was a lot of people come to bless the new couple, give them a gift one by one and have there photo be taken together with them.

When we went home the bride and the groom has been taken to a separate room for a photo shoot, in this time their bedroom is being decorated with fresh flowers. They hanged flowers on top of the bed and created a pathway of flowers leading to the bed. On the walls they stick pink and red flowers.

I have made pictured for you all of this beautiful event, I hope you will enjoy the pictures as much as I have enjoyed the event.











No comments:

Post a Comment