Sunday 16 March 2014

14/03/2014 in Pakistan

On Friday we went to visit our friend that come from Belgium to see his parents in Pakistan.
The family of this friend are very nice and loving, before we left they gave me and Dilawar a gifts.
I feel really embarrassed and shameful that we left very fast, this was duo to the medicine. I took my medicine without food and this made me have a severe pain in my stomach.
I have rested home for few minutes and went waking outside, this helped my stomach.

As we walked we approached the graveyard and Dilawar showed me where his dad's grave is located.
It was very moving to see Dilawar pray for his dad next to the gave.

When we returned home we saw television with grandma. I noticed that the commercials here are very different, for example first they show a woman in a red shalwar kameez living in a perfect house with a perfect husband. Then suddenly she says to her husband that she is in love, her husband is acting shocked and asked ''who!!''.Then the woman said ''do you want his phone number?'' the husband said ''yes''. Then the woman putted her head next to her husband and says the phone number of MacDonald.

After watching tv we went to the little village to greet the other family. There all the girls had henna on their hands. I feel stupid that I did not take my camera to make pictures for you.

We stayed there for one hour and went home. At home they where waiting for me to apply henna.on my hands. They made a great henna designs on  my hands, the only thing I disliked was that the henna made me feel cold (I am always feeling cold by the way). When my Henna finally has dried I have changed my shalwar kameez for the Henna Night. 

All the family of Dilawar come to our house and all the close family of the bride went to the brides house (the little village house) When the groom was ready to go he walked in front with a red dupata (sort of a scarf ) above his head carried by his close relatives. Behind him where girls holding a silver plate with a candle.
The groom then went outside on a podium for henna. The podium was decorated with fresh flowers.
This was very beautiful to see, especially the part when the groom was heading toward the podium with a dupata obove his head and girls carrying candles behind him.
After the pictures the groom went to the brides house.
Here there where people playing drums and dancing in bangra style.
This went on for one hour then the bride came. She went to the podium and sat next to her fiancé.
When the bride was settled the people come to her one by one to bless them and make pictures with them.
After the function we went home very tired and fell asleep very fast.







 











No comments:

Post a Comment